6-8 potatoes, scrubbed well (6-8)
1/4 cup canola oil, divided (60 mL)
1 tsp pepper (5 mL)
1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
Optional Topping Ideas:
Blue Cheese & Maple Syrup:
Monterey jack cheese
Steak, grilled and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Line a 13 x 18 inch (33 x 46 cm) baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut vertical parallel slits 1/8 to 1/4 inch (3 – 6 mm) apart, in the potatoes without cutting all the way through the potato.
TIP: Rest the potato lengthwise between two chopsticks or two wooden spoons to prevent cutting completely through.
- Place potatoes on baking sheet and gently brush 2 Tbsp (30 mL) canola oil over the cut portions of potatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for potatoes for 90 minutes, basting the potatoes every 30 minutes with remaining 2 Tbsp (30 mL) canola oil to ensure golden crisp edges.
The slices of a Hasselback potato allow for unlimited flavouring opportunities. With a crispy exterior and soft inside, we are sure these will be a hit with your family.
- 6-8 people
- Serving Size
- 1 potato (without toppings)
- Total Fat
- 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat
- 0.8 g
- 0 mg
- 175 mg
- 36.6 g
- 2.5 g
- 2 g
- 4.3 g
- 926 mg