- 1- 12 lbs turkey (1 )
- 1/4 cup canola oil (60 mL)
- 1 tsp salt (5 mL)
- 1 tsp pepper (5 mL)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (5 mL)
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (5 mL)
- 1/2 tsp dried chili flakes (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp thyme (2 mL)
- 2 Tbsp dried parsley (30 mL)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (4)
- 1 lemon, zest (1)
- 2 sprigs fresh sage (2)
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges (2)
- 4 sprigs parsley (4)
- 6 additional cloves garlic, peeled (6)
- 2 large onions, peeled and cut into thick slices (2)
1. Preheat oven to 325º F (160º C).
2. Remove giblets and neck from the turkey and set aside for stock, if desired.
3. Place the turkey on a work surface and loosen skin over the breasts by sliding your hand carefully between the skin and the breast meat.
4. Combine canola oil, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, fennel seeds, chili flakes, thyme, dried parsley, minced garlic and lemon zest in a small bowl.
5. Rub mixture between the skin and the breast meat and then rub the remainder of the mixture all over the outside of the turkey.
6. Place the fresh sage, lemon wedges, fresh parsley and whole cloves of garlic into the turkey cavity.
7. Line roasting pan with the onion slices.
8. Truss the turkey.
9. Roast for approximately 2 ½ – 3 hours or until the turkey registers 170ºF (76ºC) when tested in the thickest part of the thigh meat. Baste every 30 minutes.
10. Remove turkey from the pan, place on platter. Tent with foil. Allow to stand for about 20 minutes before carving. Serve with Maple Cranberry Sauce.
Herb Roasted Turkey
Easy and delicious Herb Roasted Turkey will have your family and guests asking how you made it. Carefully loosen the skin from the breast to create a pocket that you stuff with fresh herbs, lemon zest and garlic. Stuffing the cavity with similar flavourings and roasting on a bed of onions will have your house smelling amazing and your mouth salivating.
- Total Fat
- 33.6 g
- Saturated Fat
- 9.4 g
- 274 mg
- 412 mg
- 1.3 g
- 0.3 g
- 0.1 g
- 56.6 g
- 482 mg