- 2 cups all-purpose flour (500 mL)
- 1/2 cup salt (125 mL)
- 3/4 water (175 mL) (plus 2 Tbsp (30 mL) if needed)
- 2 Tbsp canola oil (30 mL)
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour and salt. Add water and canola oil to flour mixture. Using your hands, mix to form a soft smooth ball of dough. Add the additional 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of water if needed.
- Roll out the dough, cut in to shapes and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Use a drinking straw to make a hole in each cookie for the ribbon. Bake in a 220F (110C) oven for one hour. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before painting your cookie decorations.
Everyone loves a homemade gift, especially when it comes from a special loved one: son or daughter, niece or nephew, or grandchild. Help your kids make the perfect gift for any holiday! Try this salt-dough craft and hang the decorations on the Christmas tree or around the house!