2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (625 mL)
1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
1/2 tsp baking powder (2 mL)
2/3 cup canola oil, chilled in freezer for 2 hours* see note below (150 mL)
1/2 cup ice water (125 mL)
1 egg, beaten slightly (1)
1 Tbsp vinegar (15 mL)
3 cups fresh blackberries (750 mL)
2 Tbsp powdered sugar, divided (30 mL)
1 tsp cornstarch (5 mL)
1 tsp lemon juice (5 mL)
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese (250 mL)
2 Tbsp honey (30 mL)
1 tsp vanilla (5 mL)
1 egg, beaten (1)
1 Tbsp fresh thyme, leaves removed from stem (15 mL)
- In a food processor, add flour, salt, and baking powder. Pulse once or twice to combine ingredients.
- Add cold/frozen canola oil. Pulse again once or twice.
- Combine water, egg and vinegar in a small bowl.
- With food processor running, pour liquid ingredients through the chute. Turn off machine as soon as ingredients are mixed, about 10 seconds.
- Turn dough out onto floured board. Divide dough in half.
- Use immediately or wrap each dough ball in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a bowl, add blackberries, 1 Tbsp (15 mL) powdered sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Mix well and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine cream cheese, honey, vanilla and 1 Tbsp (15 mL) powdered sugar and mix until smooth, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- On a piece of parchment paper, roll out one dough ball into a ¼ inch thick, 12” circle.
- Spread cream cheese mixture in centre, leaving a two-inch perimeter.
- Pile berry mixture on top of cream cheese.
- Fold in edges of pastry all around in a circle and pinch.
- Transfer galette on parchment to a metal baking sheet.
- Brush edges of pastry with beaten egg and sprinkle with fresh thyme.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Let cool 10 minutes before serving. Store in refrigerator.
Note: Can be used as a sweet or savoury pie dough pastry.
*Canola oil can be frozen overnight.
Honey Cream Cheese Blackberry Thyme Galette
Smooth cream cheese, honey and blackberries are the decadent flavours you've been craving. Whip up this ditty for family and friends as this flaky pastry treat is worth the prep "thyme".
- 12 people
- Serving Size
- 1 slice
- Total Fat
- 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat
- 4.7 g
- 0 mg
- 132 mg
- 19.1 g
- 2.4 g
- 6.8 g
- 4.2 g
- 126 mg