- 3 Tbsp canola oil (45 mL)
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup sugar (125 mL)
- 1 cup honey (250 mL)
- 1 cup light peanut butter (250 mL)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla (15 mL)
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries (150 mL)
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips (75 mL)
- 1 Tbsp hazelnut chocolate spread (15 mL)
- Pour canola oil into 4 qt. pot. Add popcorn, cover with lid left slightly ajar to allow stem to escape. Place pot over high heat. Cook popcorn until popping sounds slow. Remove from heat. Pour into large bowl.
- Combine honey, peanut butter and sugar in large microwavable bowl. Stir ingredients together. Microwave on high power for 1 minute. Stir ingredients, and microwave 1-2 minutes more or until sugar is dissolved. Stir in vanilla. Pour over popcorn and mix well.
- Press popcorn mixture into lightly oiled 9 x 13 pan. Press dried cranberries into mixture. Melt chocolate chips in microwave, on high power, about 1 minute. Stir to finish melting chips. Stir in hazelnut spread. Drizzle chocolate mixture over popcorn mixture and refrigerate to harden chocolate. Cut into squares to serve.
Honey Peanut Butter & Chocolate Popcorn
This is the ideal treat for those who can’t choose between sweet or salty. Make your popcorn with canola oil because for its mild taste and high smoke point. Add our honey, chocolate and peanut butter mixture and let harden. Package it up in a tin container or a decorated box and it makes a great gift!