- 1/2 small head of green cabbage, thinly sliced or grated (1/2 )
- 1/2 small head of red cabbage, thinly sliced or grated (1/2 )
- 6 green onions, sliced diagonally (6 )
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds, white or black, toasted (15 mL)
- 1/3 cup seasoned rice vinegar (75 mL)
- 1/4 cup canola oil (60 mL)
- 1 large clove garlic, minced (1 )
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger (5 mL)
- 1 tsp sodium-reduced soy sauce (5 mL)
- 1 tsp sesame oil (5 mL)
- In a large bowl, combine both cabbages, onion, carrot and sesame seeds.
- Prepare dressing by shaking together rice vinegar, canola oil, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Pour dressing over salad, toss and refrigerate before serving. Ideally, allow to stand in fridge for an hour or more to allow flavours to mellow. Re-toss before serving.
Japanese Sesame Slaw
A colourful, crunchy coleslaw made with green and red cabbage. Tangy, but much lighter than a classic coleslaw. Bring it along to your next potluck or enjoy as an accompaniment to fish or chicken. Recipe courtesy of CanolaInfo.
- Serving Size
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- Total Fat
- 8 g
- Saturated Fat
- 0.5 g
- 0 mg
- 45 mg
- 7 g
- 3 g
- 2 g