2 medium kohlrabi (2)
2 medium carrots (2)
1/4 head red cabbage (¼)
2-3 stems green kale (2-3)
2 tsp fresh chopped dill (10 mL)
1/3 cup canola oil (75 mL)
2 Tbsp white wine vinegar (30 mL)
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard (30 mL)
1 Tbsp honey (15 mL)
¼ tsp salt (1 mL)
1/8 tsp black pepper (.5 mL)
- Remove leaves and stem end of kohlrabi. Save fresh leaves to add to smoothies, a stir-fry or sautéed greens.
- Wash kohlrabi and peel using a vegetable peeler or knife.
- Grate kohlrabi and carrots into large shreds.
- Chop red cabbage and kale leaves into thin strips or shreds.
- In large salad bowl, toss together shredded vegetables and dill.
- In small jar with tight fitting lid, combine dressing ingredients, secure lid and shake swell to blend thoroughly.
- Pour dressing over slaw mix and toss well. For best result, rest for 10 to 15 minutes before serving to allow flavours to blend.
- Refrigerate any leftovers for up to 4 days.
When buying kohlrabi select medium sized kohlrabi, no bigger than 2 ½ inches to 3 inches (6-8 cm) in diameter. As kohlrabi gets older and bigger, the stem end turns more woody.
Kohlrabi and Kale Slaw
This colourful and tasty slaw is a great way to enjoy the mild, crisp flavour of kohlrabi. Make a double batch as this slaw will take you through the entire week.
- Serving Size
- 3/4 cup (175 mL)
- Total Fat
- 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat
- 0.7 g
- 0 mg
- 112 mg
- 8.2 g
- 2.4 g
- 4.6 g
- 1.6 g
- 286 mg