- 1 1/4 cups brown rice flour (310 mL)
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch (60 mL)
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar (30 mL)
- 1 Tbsp baking powder (15 mL)
- 2 tsp xanthan gum (10 mL)
- 1 tsp baking soda (5 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2.5 mL)
- 1/2 cup blueberries (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (125 mL)
- 1/4 cup canola oil (60 mL)
- 2 large eggs (2)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (5 mL)
- zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup confectioners' (icing) sugar (125 mL)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (15 mL)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the rice flour, tapioca starch, sugar, baking powder, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the blueberries.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sour cream, canola oil, eggs, vanilla, and lemon zest. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir just to combine.
- Using a large cookie scoop, or two spoons, scoop the scones, about 1/4 cup (60 mL) of dough per, onto prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2-inches (5 cm) between scones.
- With a wet hand, gently press the scones down to about 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick.
- Bake in preheated oven for 17-20 minutes.
- Move scones to a wire cooling rack to cool.
- While the scones are cooling, whisk together the confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle the glaze over the warm scones.
Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Scones
- Total Fat
- 10 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2.5 g
- 50 mg
- 300 mg
- 33 g
- 2 g
- 12 g
- 3 g
- 82 mg