- 2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled (500 mL)
- 2 Tbsp canola oil (30 mL)
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar (15 mL)
- 1 juice of an orange (1)
- 1 Tbsp grated orange zest (15 mL)
- 1/4 tsp pepper (1 mL)
- 1/2 tsp cumin (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar (2 mL)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (60 mL)
- 2 mangoes, finely chopped (2)
- 1/2 English cucumber, chopped (1/2)
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped (1/2)
- 2 green onions, chopped (2)
- 2 Tbsp slivered almonds (30 mL)
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsley (30 mL)
1. Place quinoa in a medium sized serving bowl.
2. In a salad dressing container combine canola oil, white wine vinegar, orange juice and zest, pepper, cumin and sugar. Shake vigorously and set aside.
3. Add cranberries, mango, cucumber, red pepper, green onions, almonds and parsley to the quinoa. Pour dressing over top and toss salad to coat with the dressing.
Note: 1 medium orange = approximately 1/3 cup (75 mL) of juice.
Note: If you want to use orange juice, delete the use of sugar (1/2 tsp) in the recipe.
Mango Quinoa Salad
This salad’s main ingredient, quinoa, is now grown in Canada. Add a healthy variety of fruits and vegetables to balance out the flavours. This salad is full of protein and can make a meal on all its own.
- Serving Size
- 2/3 cup (175 mL)
- Total Fat
- 7 g
- Saturated Fat
- 0.5 g
- 0 mg
- 0 mg
- 32 g
- 3 g
- 4 g