- 1/4 cup canola oil (60 mL)
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar (45 mL)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (1 )
- 6 oz ham slices (170 g)
- 6 oz turkey slices (170 g)
- 4 oz deli salami slices (125 g)
- 2 cups grated aged white cheddar cheese (500 mL)
- 1 cup large basil leaves (250 mL)
- 1 -16 oz loaf ciabatta bread, cut into half horizontally (1 - 500 g)
- In a small bowl, whisk together canola oil, red wine vinegar and garlic. Set aside.
- Layer meats, cheddar cheese and basil leaves on bottom section of ciabatta bread. Drizzle canola oil mixture over cut side of ciabatta bread (top portion). Press top of bread onto bottom layer. Brush sandwich with rest of dressing.
- Grill sandwich, on barbecue, over low heat until bread is golden brown and the cheese melts, pressing occasionally to compact the sandwich, about 5 – 10 minutes per side.
Manitoba Panini Melt
You’ll love our Panini for lunch. It’s a taste of Italy with a Manitoba twist. Paninis are grilled sandwiches made with ciabatta bread or baguettes and are served toasty warm. No need for a sandwich press because our Panini is grilled on a barbecue. Ham, turkey, salami, cheddar cheese and basil pressed warm between two thick slices of ciabatta. Make extra and invite a friend over for lunch!