1 cup graham cracker crumbs (250 mL)
¼ cup icing sugar (60 mL)
3 Tbsp canola oil (45 mL)
¾ cup + 2 Tbsp 35% whipping cream (205 mL)
½ cup icing sugar (125 mL)
¾ tsp almond extract (4 mL)
¾ cup mascarpone cheese (175 mL)
2 cups fresh or frozen cherries, pitted (500 mL)
Zest of 1 orange (1)
¼ cup white sugar (60 mL)
2 Tbsp cornstarch (30 mL)
⅓ cup water (75 mL)
Garnish: ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted (60 mL)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a muffin tray with paper liners.
- In a large bowl mix together graham cracker crumbs, icing sugar and canola oil until mixture is fully combined and appears crumbly.
- Evenly divide mixture between paper liners and press down the graham crumble with your fingers to create an even base. Bake crust for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch with water, stir and set aside.
- In a medium sized saucepan over medium-high heat, add pitted cherries, orange zest, sugar and cornstarch water. Bring mixture to a slight boil, stirring often. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until mixture reduces and becomes thick.
- Transfer cherry mixture to a small bowl and cool in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- In a small frying pan over medium-high heat, toast sliced almonds for 3-5 minutes tossing often until almonds are lightly toasted. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add whip cream, icing sugar and almond extract. Using an electric mixer whip mixture until glossy and stiff peaks form. Add mascarpone cheese and mix until fully incorporated.
- Divide mascarpone filling evenly among the graham tart shells. Top with cherry mixture. Garnish with toasted almonds. Refrigerate for 1 hour to set
- Serve and enjoy!
Mascarpone Cherry Almond Tarts
An Italian cream cheese, mascarpone is both delicate and a wonderful blank slate for the addition of flavour! Balanced with a combination of tart cherries, creamy filling and crumbly graham crust, this dessert is light, a touch sweet, and wonderfully delicious.
- Serving Size
- 1 Tart
- Total Fat
- 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat
- 7.2 g
- 35 mg
- 16 mg
- 18.1 g
- 0.4 g
- 14.9 g
- 2.3 g
- 19 mg