2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb/454 g)
2 Tbsp canola oil, divided (30 mL)
1 tsp Italian seasoning (5 mL)
1/4 tsp pepper (1 mL)
1 - 350 g pkg cheese tortellini (1)
1 small English cucumber, chopped (1)
1 - 227 g container grape tomatoes, halved (1)
1 large yellow pepper, diced (1)
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley or basil (30 mL)
2 tsp Dijon mustard (10 mL)
1/4 cup sherry or red wine vinegar (60 mL)
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place chicken breasts in a bowl and drizzle with 2 tsp (10 mL) of the oil. Add Italian seasoning and pepper and toss to coat. Place on greased grill and grill for about 12 minutes, turning once or until no longer pink inside. Set aside onto cutting board to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling water, cook tortellini for about 5 minutes or until they float to the top and are tender. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain well and place in a large bowl. Add cucumber, tomatoes, pepper and parsley.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and add to salad.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining oil, mustard and vinegar. Pour over salad and toss well to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving for flavours to marry.
Tip: Can be refrigerated for up to 2 days. Plan ahead and use leftovers or cook chicken and pasta ahead of time and store in the fridge until you are ready to mix the salad.
Mediterranean Tortellini Pasta Salad
The fun shape of tortellini reminds us of bellybuttons so why not get the kids involved. This recipe has been reviewed by Heart and Stroke Foundation Registered Dietitians. Recipe courtesy of Professional Home Economist and Cookbook Author, Emily Richards.
- 6 people
- Total Fat
- 10 g
- Saturated Fat
- 3 g
- 75 mg
- 290 mg
- 33 g
- 2 g
- 3 g
- 26 g
- 400 mg