- 2/3 cup canola oil (150 mL)
- 1/4 cup lime juice (60 mL)
- 2 tsp lime zest (10 mL)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 )
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (60 mL)
- 1 chipotle pepper (in adobe sauce) finely chopped (1 )
- 6 whole wheat tortillas, cut into triangles (6 )
- 1 (16) oz bag of coleslaw mix (1 (450) g)
- 1/2 cup sliced celery (125 mL)
- 1 orange pepper, seeded and diced (1 )
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced (1 )
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced (1 )
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion (60 mL)
- 1 (19) oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed (1 (540) mL)
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Place tortilla triangles on foil lined baking sheet. Brush tops with adobe sauce from chipotle pepper. Bake at 375°F (190°C) until toasted and crispy, about 8 – 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Place coleslaw mix into large salad bowl. Add remaining salad ingredients (except for tortilla triangles) as well as the dressing and toss ingredients to mix. Serve coleslaw with toasted tortilla triangles.
Mexican Coleslaw with Whole Wheat Tortilla Triangles
This recipe combines three in one. Make your own whole-wheat tortilla triangles to go with a crunchy, Mexican coleslaw that is topped with a canola oil, lime juice, garlic and cilantro dressing. Recipe courtesy of CanolaInfo.