- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice (125 mL)
- 2 Tbsp canola oil (30 mL)
- 1 tsp honey (5 mL)
- 1-10 oz bag of mixed greens (284 g)
- 1 orange peeled and cut into segments (1)
- 1 pink grapefruit peeled and cut into segments (1)
- 1/2 cup strawberry slices (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup raspberries (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup blueberries (125 mL)
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts coarsely chopped (60 mL)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate shavings (125 mL)
- In a small bowl, whisk together pomegranate juice, canola oil and honey. Pour over salad.
- Rinse salad greens in water. Drain well. Place in large salad bowl. Add fruit, nuts and dressing and toss lightly.
- Divide salad among four large plates. Rearrange fruit to make attractive presentation. Divide chocolate shavings over top of each salad plate.
* To get the health benefits, make sure you use dark chocolate (about 70% cocoa solids) and not milk chocolate.
Chef’s Tip: A few great tips for salads:
– Make sure your greens are dry, so the dressing will cling to the greens.
– When making dressing, slowly add canola oil to the juice. The honey helps to thicken the dressing and keep it from separating.
Nutrition Tip: Make vegetables and fruit the focus of your plate. When visually dividing your dinner plate, fill half the plate with vegetables, a quarter with grain products and a quarter with meat or alternatives.
P.S I Love You Salad
What’s not to love about this salad? Mixed greens, fruit, toasted walnuts and chocolate shavings and drizzled with a pomegranate dressing. Perfect for the ones you love!
- Total Fat
- 7 g
- Saturated Fat
- 0.5 g
- 0 mg
- 15 mg
- 5 g
- 3 g
- 2 g