4-5 medium peaches, peeled and chopped; or 1 (600 g) bag of frozen peach slices, thawed and chopped (4-5)
1/3 cup granulated sugar (75 mL)
1 tsp lemon zest (5 mL)
1 Tbsp lemon juice (15 mL)
1 Tbsp cornstarch (15 mL)
Base and Crumble:
1 cup all-purpose flour (250 mL)
1 cup large flake oats (250 mL)
1/2 cup sliced almonds (125 mL)
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed (125 mL)
1/2 tsp cinnamon (2 mL)
1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
1/3 cup canola oil (75 mL)
1 large egg (1)
1 tsp vanilla (5 mL)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line an 8 x 8 inch (20 x 20 cm) square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine peaches, sugar and lemon zest and bring to a simmer.
- In a small dish, whisk lemon juice and cornstarch together and add to saucepan. Gently simmer until mixture is thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the s-shaped blade, combine flour, oats, almonds, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Pulse 10 to 12 times until almonds are processed to roughly the size of a grain of rice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together canola oil, egg and vanilla.
- With the food processor running, drizzle in wet mixture until just combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and pulse 2 to 3 more times. Texture will be evenly mixed and crumbly. Set aside 1 cup (250 mL) for crumble topping.
- Press remaining crumble evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking pan, ensuring it is pushed into each corner.
- Pour peaches onto cookie base and spread evenly. Sprinkle reserved crumble topping evenly over peaches.
- Bake at 400°F(200°C) for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F (175°C) and bake for an additional 20 minutes until peaches are bubbly and crumble is golden brown.
Peach, Oat and Almond Crumble Bars
A fresh, juicy peach can’t be beat in the heat of summer. Use fresh or frozen in this recipe to enjoy peaches year round! If you have a nut allergy, the recipe works by omitting the almonds. Recipe courtesy of howtoeat.ca.
- Total Fat
- 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1.2 g
- 21 mg
- 81 mg
- 50.2 g
- 4.2 g
- 25.6 g
- 7.3 g
- 321 mg