Fresh Peanut Butter:
4 cups roasted salted peanuts(1 L)
1/4 cup canola oil (60 mL)
1.5 Tbsp liquid honey (22 mL)
4 medium sweet potatoes, skin on and washed (4)
2 Tbsp canola oil (30 mL)
choice of fresh greens, to garnish
Homemade Peanut Butter:
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, combine peanuts, canola oil and honey. Blend until you reach your preferred level of smoothness. This recipe makes 2 cups (500 mL) of peanut butter. Store extra peanut butter in an air-tight container the refrigerator for up to 6 months.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Place sweet potatoes on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Pierce each sweet potato several times with a fork on all sides. Rub each sweet potato with oil.
- Bake for 55-60 mins or until sweet potatoes are easily pierced with a knife. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut each sweet potato lengthwise and top with peanut butter and your choice of fresh greens such as kale or arugula.
Peanut Butter Sweet Potato
This unique pairing brings together the savoury creaminess of homemade peanut butter with the sweet and delicate sweet potato. Topped with fresh greens, this dish is as delicious as it is one of a kind. Recipe courtesy of Chef John Horne.
- 8 people
- Serving Size
- 1 sweet potato + 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- Total Fat
- 29.7 g
- Saturated Fat
- 6.3 g
- 0 mg
- 248 mg
- 32 g
- 7.5 g
- 4 g
- 13.3 g
- 844 mg