12 chicken drumsticks (12)
1 cup Peri Peri sauce (250 mL)
- In a large resealable bag, mix chicken drumsticks with peri peri sauce. Marinade for minimum 1 hr, or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a wire rack on top. Using tongs, remove drumsticks from marinade and place on wire rack. Discard any remaining marinade from the bag.
- Cook drumsticks for 35 – 45 mins, flipping each drumstick halfway through. Cook until skin is golden brown and crispy, and the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
- Serve drumsticks with extra Peri Peri sauce on the side for dipping.
Tip: These are excellent cooked on the barbecue too!
Peri Peri Chicken Drumsticks
A Portuguese dish with its roots in Angola and Mozambique, this red pepper recipe is a must for all spice-lovers. To dial down the heat, remove the seeds from the peppers to make this a dish fit for the entire family.
- Serving Size
- 1 drumstick with 2 Tbsp (30 mL) Peri Peri Sauce
- Total Fat
- 28.6 g
- Saturated Fat
- 4.2 g
- 136 mg
- 319 mg
- 1.1 g
- 0.2 g
- 0.2 g
- 24.6 g
- 283 mg