2 ½ cups all-purpose flour (625 mL)
¼ tsp salt (1 mL)
1 egg, beaten (1)
1 cup low-fat sour cream (250 mL)
3 Tbsp canola oil (45 mL)
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, sour cream and canola oil until well mixed.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients. Gently mix ingredients together. Before ingredients are completely mixed, transfer to a lightly floured work surface. Knead ingredients 7 or 8 times to form a soft ball. Do not over-work the dough or it will be tough.
- Divide the dough in half. Roll out each half of the dough to 1/8 “ (.5 cm) thickness. Cut the dough with a 3” (8 cm) round cutter.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place about 1 Tbsp (15 mL) filling on each round. Lightly moisten edge of half of the round with water and fold over filling. Pinch edges together to seal. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Place pierogies on parchment paper while preparing them. Keep covered with a slightly moist towel until ready to cook.
- Cook pierogies in boiling salted water, in batches. Stir gently until pierogies float, about 2-3 minutes. Do not over-cook or dough will be tough.
- Serving Size
- 1 piece
- Total Fat
- 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat
- 0.3 g
- 6 mg
- 20 mg
- 6.5 g
- 0.2 g
- 0.4 g
- 1.5 g
- 25 mg