1 1/3 cups milk, heated to 95°F - 105°F (35°C - 40.5°C) (325 mL)
2 Tbsp canola oil (30 mL)
2 eggs, lightly whisked (2 )
1 Tbsp rapid rise yeast (15 mL)
2/3 cup sugar (150 mL)
5 cups all purpose flour, divided (1.13 L)
Pinch of nutmeg (0.5 mL)
1 tsp salt (5 mL)
1/2 cup sugar (125 mL)
1/2 tsp cinnamon (2 mL)
Pumpkin Spice Filling
1 - 8 oz/250 g pkg cream cheese (1)
2/3 cup icing sugar (150 mL)
1 tsp vanilla ( 5 mL)
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (10 mL)
- In a medium size saucepan, heat milk to proper temperature. Whisk in canola oil and eggs. In large mixer bowl, using dough hook attachment, combine yeast, sugar, 2 cups flour, nutmeg and salt. Add combined liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well. Beat ingredients for 1 – 2 minutes.
- With mixer turned on add enough extra flour to form a smooth elastic ball of dough. The dough should be barely sticky. Beat the dough for 5 – 6 minutes.
- Let dough rest for 10 minutes, covered, in mixer bowl. Roll dough to 1.25 cm (1/2 inch) thickness, on floured counter top.
- Cut doughnuts, using a doughnut cutter or a 5 – 7.5 cm (2 – 3 inch) cookie cutter. Transfer circles to a parchment lined baking sheet. Cover with clean cloth and let rise in warm place for approximately 45 minutes or until doughnuts have doubled in size.
- Bake doughnuts at 375ºF (190ºC), about 8 – 10 minutes, or until doughnuts are golden in colour.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in medium size bowl. While doughnuts are still warm, lightly brushes tops with canola oil and quickly dip tops in the sugar mixture
Pumpkin Spice Filling
- Beat cream cheese in medium bowl, until softened. Add remaining ingredients and beat well.
- Fit pastry bag with small round tip and fill bag with icing. Carefully poke a small hole in the side of the doughnut (careful nut to go all the way through).
- Insert the tip of the pastry bag into the hole of each doughnut and carefully squeeze the bag to fill doughnuts with icing.
- Serve immediately.
Pumpkin Spice Filled Incredible Baked Doughnuts
Who doesn’t love pumpkin spice? Add cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla and stuff it in a doughnut and viola!, a dessert that will disappear before your eyes! Doughnuts plus pumpkin spice equals yum!
- Serving Size
- 1 doughnut
- Total Fat
- 9 g
- Saturated Fat
- 3.6 g
- 42 mg
- 226 mg
- 52.5 g
- 1.5 g
- 21.7 g
- 7.8 g
- 117 mg