- 1 1/2 cup canola oil (375 mL)
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, washed, blanched and squeezed dry (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup spinach leaves, washed, blanched and squeezed dry (125 mL)
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest (30 mL)
- In a pot with boiling, salted water, blanch the basil and the spinach until the green color is bright. Remove from the boiling water and place it in an ice bath to chill it quickly; drain and squeeze out the excess water.
- In a blender, place basil, spinach, zest, salt, and pepper. Slowly add the canola oil until well emulsified and until smooth.
- Season to taste. Refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Razzle Me Basil Canola Oil
Best served warm and can be reheated, although we doubt you’ll have any leftover.