Roasted Butternut Squash, Cauliflower & Broccoli
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes (1)
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets (1)
- 2 heads of broccoli, cut into florets (2)
- 1/4 cup canola oil (60 mL)
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced (6)
Ginger & Soy Dressing
- 1/2 cup canola oil, divided (125 mL)
- 1 Tbsp yellow miso paste (15 mL)
- 1 Tbsp sodium-reduced soy sauce (15 mL)
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar (15 mL)
- 1 tsp honey (5 mL)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger root, peeled, minced fine (5 mL)
- 1 tsp fresh garlic, minced fine (5 mL)
- 3 large navel oranges, rind and pith removed, cut into sections (3)
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted (60 mL)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (220°C). On non-stick foil-lined baking sheets, spread squash, cauliflower and broccoli evenly. Drizzle with canola oil and toss to coat. Scatter sliced garlic amongst the sheets and season vegetables with salt and pepper.
- Roast in oven for about 25 minutes, rotating racks at the halfway point and tossing ingredients occasionally. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and with a whisk, mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine roasted vegetables with oranges, stirring to mix. Add Dressing and toss to evenly coat. Garnish with sesame seeds before serving.
Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Ginger & Soy Dressing
Served as a salad, or a side to a beautiful winter dinner, this blend of roasted vegetables and fresh oranges with silky soy and ginger dressing are sure to warm both body and soul.
- 8 people
- Total Fat
- 25 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2 g
- 0 mg
- 200 mg
- 30.5 g
- 7 g
- 11 g
- 6.5 g
- 679 mg