1 lb carrots, peeled (500 g)
1 lb parsnips, peeled (500 g)
3 Tbsp canola oil, divided (45 mL)
2 cloves garlic, minced (2)
1 tsp dried thyme leaves (5 mL)
1/4 tsp pepper (1 mL)
1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
1/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese (75 mL)
Spicy Sriracha Mayo
3 Tbsp mayonnaise (45 mL)
c1 Tbsp lemon juice (15 mL)
1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley (15 mL)
1 Tbsp Sriracha sauce (15 mL)
- Preheat oven to 425℉ (220ºC).
- Line a 13 x 18 inch (33 x 46 cm) baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut carrots and parsnips into thirds and cut each in half lengthwise into quarters; place in a large bowl. Toss with 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of the oil, garlic, thyme, pepper and salt.
- On prepared baking sheet, spread carrots and parsnips. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, toss remaining 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of canola oil with Parmesan cheese.
- Remove baking sheet from oven, sprinkle with Parmesan mixture and toss to coat. Return sheet to oven and roast for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spicy Sriracha Mayo: In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, parsley and sriracha. Serve as a dip.
Roasted Parsnip & Carrot Sticks
These are a great snack idea. Not a fan of spice? They are just as delicious without the spicy sriracha mayo. Use carrots and parsnips about 1 inch thick in diameter to create the sticks.
- 4-6 people
- Total Fat
- 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2.2 g
- 8 mg
- 248 mg
- 20.2 g
- 4.5 g
- 7.7 g
- 3.2 g
- 540 mg