2 cups all-purpose flour (500 mL)
1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
1/2 cup canola oil (125 mL)
1/3 cup mashed potatoes (75 mL)
1/4 cup ice water (60 mL)
2 Tbsp canola oil (30 mL)
1 Tbsp chopped fresh chives (15 mL)
1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary (5 mL)
1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
1/4 tsp pepper (1 mL)
3 large potatoes (about 1 lb), cut into small cubes (3)
1 head garlic, cloves separated and peeled (1)
1/2 cup herbed cream or goat cheese, softened (125 mL)
3 Tbsp 35% whipping cream (45 mL)
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley (30 mL)
3/4 cup shredded old cheddar cheese (175 mL)
- Preheat oven to 400℉ (200°C).
- Line a 13 x 18-inch (33 x 46 cm) baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour and salt. Add oil and mashed potatoes using a fork or floured fingers to combine until mixture begins to clump together. Drizzle with enough ice water until dough starts to hold together. Gather into a ball and form a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for about 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together 2 Tbsp (30 mL) canola oil, chives, rosemary, salt and pepper. Add potatoes and garlic; toss to combine. Spread onto prepared baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes or until golden and potatoes are tender. Let cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, stir together cream cheese, cream and parsley; set aside.
- Roll out pastry between 2 pieces of parchment paper into a 14-inch (36 cm) circle. Remove top sheet and slide pastry with parchment paper on bottom onto baking sheet. Spread cheese mixture in centre of pastry leaving a 3-inch (8 cm) border. Spread potato mixture on top and sprinkle with cheese. Fold up edge leaving an opening on top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for about 10 minutes before cutting.
Roasted Potato and Garlic Galette
Surrounded with flaky pastry and packed with inside roasted potato goodness, this is a wonderful side dish to serve on top of crisp greens for a delicious lunch or as a vegetarian option for dinner.
- 8 people
- Total Fat
- 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat
- 6.3 g
- 23 mg
- 383 mg
- 38.6 g
- 2.4 g
- 1 g
- 12.6 g
- 395 mg