- 2 cups all-purpose flour (500 mL)
- 1/2 cup salt (125 mL)
- 3/4 water (175 mL) (plus 2 Tbsp (30 mL) if needed)
- 2 Tbsp canola oil (30 mL)
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour and salt. Add water and canola oil to flour mixture. Using your hands, mix to form a soft smooth ball of dough. Add the additional 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of water if needed.
- Roll out the dough, cut in to shapes and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Use a drinking straw to make a hole in each cookie for the ribbon. Bake in a 220F (110C) oven for one hour. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before painting your cookie decorations.
Note: Dough can be refrigerated for several months. Store in an air tight container. If the dough becomes too soft, add more flour. Acrylic paint works best to decorate your ornaments.
Salt Dough Decorations
You have to make these salt dough decorations! Your kids will love mixing, cutting and painting their very own creation. Let your kids make decorations for friends and family over holidays!