12 oz extra lean ground beef (375 g)
3 Tbsp seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs (45 mL)
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard (15 mL)
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce (10 mL)
1-397 g bag coleslaw mix (1)
3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar (45 mL)
2 Tbsp plain 2% yogurt (30 mL)
2 Tbsp light mayonnaise (30mL)
1 Tbsp canola oil (15 mL)
1/2 tsp granulated sugar (2 mL)
1/2 tsp celery seed (2 mL)
1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce (2 mL)
2 Tbsp chopped fresh mint (30 mL)
- In a bowl, combine beef, breadcrumbs, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Shape into 8 sliders; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, yogurt, mayonnaise, oil, sugar, celery seed, hot pepper sauce and pepper. Stir in coleslaw mix to coat well. Add mint and toss to combine; set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place sliders on grill and cook for about 10 minutes, turning once or until no longer pink inside.
- Divide slaw among 4 plates and top each with 2 sliders to serve.
Tip: Be sure to change up the sliders and use your favourite ground protein like chicken, turkey, pork or vegetarian ground.
Slider Slaw Salad
What a fun idea to enjoy sliders without buns on coleslaw! Perhaps you have already done this but not as a salad. The zing of the coleslaw is tasty and comes together quickly as a perfect base for these beefy sliders. This recipe has been reviewed by Heart and Stroke Foundation Registered Dietitians. Recipe courtesy of Professional Home Economist and Cookbook Author, Emily Richards.
- 4 people