1 cup of sugar, divided (250 mL) + 2 Tbsp (30 mL) for dusting ramekins
3 Tbsp Canola Oil (45 mL)
canola spray (about 1 tsp (5mL))
3 eggs, separated (3)
1 cup of milk (250 mL)
½ cup fresh lemon juice (125 mL)
½ cup cake flour, sifted (125 mL)
¼ tsp salt (1 mL)
¾ cup fresh blueberries (175mL)
¾ cup fresh raspberries (175 mL)
Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray and sugar 10, 6 oz (175 mL) ramekins and lay them in a rectangular cake pan that is deep enough to allow for boiling water to come 2/3 the way up their sides.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip the egg yolks and half the sugar until light and airy. Combine the milk, lemon juice, cake flour, pinch of salt and canola oil very gently into the egg yolks, taking care not to over mix. You just want to bring this mixture together – overworking it will result in a tough final product.
- In a large, clean mixing bowl, whip the egg whites until light and fluffy. Slowly add the remaining sugar while continuing to whisk. We’re looking for stiff peaks and a very glossy finish.
- Gently fold the whites into the batter mixture until just incorporated.
- Evenly distribute the fresh berries into the 10 ramekins and pour the batter over until it reaches 1 cm under the lip of the ramekin.
- Place the cake pan holding the ramekins on the middle rack and carefully pour boiling water 2/3 of the way up the ramekins. Cook the pudding for approximately 30 minutes or until just cooked but still very moist in the middle.
- Serve immediately by inverting the ramekins onto the dessert plate to release the pudding, serving with fresh berries, mint leaves and vanilla ice cream.
Steamed Summer Berry & Canola Pudding with Mint & Vanilla Ice Cream
This delectable dessert created by Chef Cory Vitiello, is light, fluffy, and will wow the most discerning crowd. Warm berries baked into a slightly sweet pudding topped with a mint leaf is the ultimate finish to any dinner party. Go a la mode to really stand out.
- 10 people
- Serving Size
- 1 ramekin (w/o ice cream)
- Total Fat
- 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1.3 g
- 59 mg
- 80 mg
- 34.2 g
- 1.2 g
- 26. 8 g
- 3.6 g
- 113 mg