- 3/4 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch (1.25-cm) cubes (350 g)
- 1 Tbsp sodium reduced soy sauce (15 mL)
- 1 tsp cornstarch (5 mL)
- 1 tsp dry sherry (5 mL)
Garlic Ginger Sauce
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth (60 mL)
- 1 tsp oyster sauce (5 mL)
- 2 tsp cornstarch (10 mL)
- 2 Tbsp canola oil, to divide (30 mL)
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced, to divide (2)
- 4 slices ginger, to divide (4)
- 3/4 lb broccoli crowns, cut into 1/2-inch (1.25-cm) pieces (350 g)
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth (75 mL)
- 2 stalks green onion, thinly sliced (2)
- In medium bowl, mix together pork, soy sauce, cornstarch and sherry. Marinate in refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
- In small bowl, stir together sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- In wok or heavy skillet, heat 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil over medium-high heat. Add half of garlic and half of ginger and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add pork and stir-fry about 4 minutes, browning meat and cooking until no longer pink. Scoop pork onto a plate. Set aside.
- In wok or skillet, heat remaining 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil over medium-high heat. Tip wok to coat bottom of pan with canola oil. Add remaining garlic and ginger. Stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add broccoli and sauté for 1 minute. Pour in broth and cover wok or skillet. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove lid and cook until most of liquid is evaporated. Add pork. Stir sauce, making sure cornstarch is dissolved, then add to pork and broccoli. Cook until sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir occasionally to coat meat and broccoli with sauce. Sprinkle in green onions and cook for another minute. Serve immediately.
Stir-Fried Pork and Broccoli with Garlic-Ginger Sauce
Though its not typically remembered as a member of the lean protein family, pork tenderloin has just 1 gram of saturated fat per a 3 ounce (90 -gram) serving. Recipe courtesy of www.canolainfo.org.
- Serving Size
- 1 cup
- Total Fat
- 9 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1 g
- 55 mg
- 400 mg
- 9 g
- 3 g
- 21 g