2 Tbsp canola oil (30 mL)
1 clove garlic, minced (1)
1 tsp ginger, minced (5 mL)
1 cup thinly sliced green cabbage (250 mL)
2 carrots, diced (2)
1 red pepper, diced (1)
2 cups cooked and cooled brown rice (500 mL)
1 cup frozen peas, thawed (250 mL)
2 large eggs, whisked (2)
4 green onions, chopped (4)
2 Tbsp soy sauce (30 mL)
1 tsp Sriracha hot sauce (5 mL)
1 cup chopped pineapple, fresh or frozen (250 mL)
1/4 cup chopped cilantro (60 mL)
1/4 cup cashews, optional (60 mL)
- Preheat a large non-stick wok or skillet over medium-high heat and add 2 Tbsp canola oil. Add garlic and ginger, and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add cabbage, carrots and red pepper. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add rice and frozen peas. Stir until evenly mixed. Move ingredients to the edge of the wok, making a well in the centre of pan and pour in whisked eggs. Gently stir eggs in centre of pan until cooked through. Add green onions and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce and Sriracha. Remove from heat, add pineapple and soy sauce mixture. Stir to combine.
- Top with cilantro and cashews (optional) and serve immediately.
Sweet and Spicy Pineapple Fried Rice
This pineapple fried rice works best with day-old rice and is a great way to us up leftovers. If you like things really spicy, add an extra squeeze or two of Sriracha! Recipe courtesy of howtoeat.ca.
- Serving Size
- 1 cup
- Total Fat
- 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1.5 g
- 64 mg
- 226 mg
- 30.6 g
- 4.5 g
- 7.7 g
- 7.3 g
- 372 mg