- 2 Tbsp canola oil (30 mL)
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped (1)
- 3-4 sage leaves, coarsely chopped (3-4)
- 1 tsp whole juniper berries, crushed (optional) (5 mL)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (500 mL)
- 2/3 cups maple syrup (150 mL)
- 2/3 cups apple juice (150 mL)
- 1/2 cup apple or crabapple jelly (125 mL)
1. In medium saucepan, heat canola oil over medium heat.
2. Add shallot. Cook and stir until translucent, about 2 minutes.
3. Add sage and juniper berries, if using. Continue to cook and stir for 1 minute. Add cranberries, maple syrup, apple juice, apple jelly and salt and pepper. Continue to cook, stirring until cranberries begin to split open.
4. Simmer for about 5-10 minutes to allow mixture to thicken slightly.
5. Remove from heat and set aside.
Can be served warm or cold.
Sweet Maple Cranberry Sauce
There's no doubt that cranberry sauce is perfect for Thanksgiving turkey, but this recipe has a Canadian twist - maple syrup! Serve it warm or cold on a variety of dishes!
- 1 1/2 cups
- Serving Size
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL)
- Total Fat
- 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat
- 0.2 g
- 0 mg
- 3 mg
- 23.6 g
- 0.8 g
- 19.8 g
- 0.2 g
- 80 mg