2 cups Israeli couscous (500 mL)
2 - 3 Tbsp canola oil (30-45 mL)
5 oz. package baby arugula (142 g)
1/3 cup pine nuts (75 mL)
2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped (2)
1/3 cup Asiago cheese, grated (75 mL)
¼ tsp pepper (1 mL)
¼ tsp salt (1 mL)
1/4 cup canola oil (60 mL)
1 - 255 g package grape tomatoes, cut in half (1)
- Bring a large pot of water to boiling. Add couscous and return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook couscous for about 8 -10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain the couscous in a large sieve. Run cold water over couscous to stop the cooking process. Transfer to a large serving bowl and drizzle with 2 – 3 Tbsp (30-45 mL) canola oil. Toss to coat the couscous.
- Bring a second pot of water to a boil. Place arugula in a large sieve and place the sieve in the sink. Pour boiling water over the arugula to blanch it. Then run cold water over arugula to stop cooking process. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, toast pine nuts over medium-low heat, tossing, until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Squeeze excess water from arugula and transfer to a food processor. Add pine nuts, garlic, cheese, pepper and salt and 1/4 cup (60 mL) canola oil. Process until pine nuts are finely chopped.
- Stir arugula pesto into the couscous. Gently fold in tomatoes.
Tomato Couscous Salad
Israeli couscous, a type of pasta, is larger and pearl-like in size compared to regular couscous. Paired with homemade arugula pesto, Asiago cheese and fresh grape tomatoes, this salad is a summer must-have and ready in under 30 minutes.
- Total Fat
- 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1.7 g
- 3 mg
- 133 mg
- 32.2 g
- 2.4 g
- 1.4 g
- 7.5 g
- 255 mg