- 2 lbs whole fresh trout fillets (1 kg)
- 2 Tbsp whole wheat or all-purpose flour (30 mL)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper (1 mL)
- 2 Tbsp milk (30 mL)
- 2 Tbsp canola oil (30 mL)
- lemon wedges (optional)
- fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
1. On a plate, mix flour with pepper for dredging the fish.
2. Place milk in bowl, dip trout in milk and then place on plate to coat with flour on both sides.
3. In a large saucepan, heat canola oil to medium-high. Place fish in pan and fry for approximately 4-5 minutes per side or until golden brown.
4. Allow fish to stand in pan for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Garnish with a wedge of lemon and serve with baked potatoes and steamed vegetables, if desired.
Traditional Pan Fried Trout
You have to try this recipe – especially when fresh trout is in season! This mild-tasting fish offers great variety from the usual fish selection, and it's a good source of heart healthy omega-3 fats just like canola oil! Recipe from our friends at CanolaInfo.
- 6 people
- Serving Size
- 4 oz / 125 g fish
- Total Fat
- 10 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1.5 g
- 90 mg
- 50 mg
- 2 g
- 0 g
- 0 g
- 31 g
- 736 mg