1/2 cup canola oil (125 mL)
2/3 cup brown sugar, lightly packed (150 mL)
1 egg (1)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract (5 mL)
3/4 cup whole-wheat or all-purpose gluten-free flour (175 mL)
3/4 cup rolled oats (175 mL)
1/4 cup ground flaxseed (60 mL)
1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts (125 mL)
2 tsp cinnamon (10 mL)
1/4 tsp baking soda (1 mL)
1 cup finely grated carrots, packed (250 mL)
1. Preheat oven to 350ᵒF (180ᵒC). Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In mixing bowl, beat together canola oil, sugar, egg, and vanilla.
3. In separate bowl, toss together flour, oats, flaxseed, walnuts, cinnamon, and baking soda.
4. Add dry ingredients and carrots to the wet ingredients and stir well by hand to combine.
5. Scoop tablespoon-sized portions and place on cookie sheet, about 2 in. (5-cm) apart. Bake for 13–15 minutes.
Walnut and Flax Carrot Cookies
Part cookie and part muffin, these soft cookies are loaded with cinnamon. Recipe courtesy of Canolainfo.org.
- Serving Size
- 1 cookie
- 24 cookies
- Total Fat
- 7 g
- Saturated Fat
- 0.5 g
- 10 mg
- 20 mg
- 10 g
- 1.4 g
- 4 g
- 2 g
- 65 mg