1/3 cup canola oil (75 mL)
3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar (45 mL)
1 shallot, minced (1)
1 tsp Dijon mustard (5 mL)
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (125 mL)
250g package halloumi cheese, sliced horizontally into 8 slices (1)
2 Tbsp canola oil (30 mL)
1 shallot, thinly sliced (1)
227 g package cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced (1)
1 tsp dried thyme (5 mL)
1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
1/4 tsp pepper (1 mL)
5 oz package of baby arugula (1)
1/4 cup chopped parsley (60 mL)
- To make the vinaigrette, combine canola oil, balsamic vinegar, shallot and Dijon mustard in a jar with a tight fitting lid. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and add the walnuts. Toss frequently until toasted and fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, over medium heat add sliced cheese and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until browned. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, over medium heat add canola oil. Add shallots, mushrooms, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 to 10 minutes; or until mushrooms are browned and liquid has evaporated. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add arugula and toss with 2 Tbsp of vinaigrette. Plate argula on a large serving platter.
- Top arugula with cheese, mushrooms and toasted walnuts. Drizzle with desired amount of vinaigrette and finish with parsley.
Warm Mushroom and Seared Halloumi Cheese Salad
This salad is delicious as a starter or vegetarian main. Serve immediately while halloumi is soft and warm. Recipe courtesy of howtoeat.ca.
- Total Fat
- 39.9 g
- Saturated Fat
- 11.5 g
- 62 mg
- 917 mg
- 8.4 g
- 2.6 g
- 2.7 g
- 19.3 g
- 530 mg