- 1 cup all purpose flour (250 mL)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (250 mL)
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar (30 mL)
- 2 tsp baking powder (10 mL)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (2 mL)
- 2 eggs (2 )
- 1 cup skim milk (250 mL)
- 1 cup buttermilk (250 mL)
- 3 Tbsp canola oil (45 mL)
- Preheat waffle iron. In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, buttermilk and canola oil. Pour over flour mixture and stir together. Do not over mix.
- For each waffle, lightly spray canola oil cooking spray on the waffle iron. Pour about ½ cup – ¾ cup of batter. Bake until golden brown.
Makes 14 – 4 ½ x 4 ½ inch squares.
In place of buttermilk, use an equivalent amount of sour milk, made by adding 1 tbsp of lemon juice or vinegar to 1 cup of skim milk.
Have delicious home-made waffles every morning with this recipe! Golden crisp outside with a light fluffy inside - all you need is maple syrup. Pair with fresh fruit and a glass of milk.
- Serving Size
- 2 squares.
- 14 – 4 ½ x 4 ½ inch squares.
- Total Fat
- 8 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1 g
- 60 mg
- 32 g
- 2 g
- 8 g