- 1 cup granulated sugar (250 mL)
- 1/3 cup canola oil (75 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (675 mL)
- 1 tsp baking soda (5 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate pieces, melted and cooled (4oz) (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam (125 mL)
- 1 oz white chocolate pieces (30 mL)
- 1/4 tsp canola oil (1 mL)
- In large bowl, beat granulated sugar and canola oil together. Stir in eggs one at a time. Beat well.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Alternate adding the flour mixture and the melted chocolate to the large bowl with the sugar, oil, and egg mixture. Stirring well between each addition. Mix well.
- Form a ball with the dough, cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour and no longer than 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Fill a piping bag fitted with a small tip, or a resealable bag, with jam. If using a resealable bag, cut a small hole in one of the corners to create your own piping bag.
- Form 1 inch (2.5 cm) sized balls with the dough by rolling it in your hands. Place each ball about 2 inches (5 cm ) apart on the lined cookie sheets. Using your finger, or the end of a wooden kitchen utensil, make an indentation into the cookie while keeping the ball shape. Fill each indentation with jam.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until slightly brown around edges. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.
- In a small, microwave safe glass bowl, add chocolate and canola oil. Microwave in 15 second increments, stir the mixture until chocolate is melted.
- Carefully move cookies from the cookie racks onto parchment paper. Using a spoon, drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookies. Allow the chocolate to set for 1-2 hours.
- Place the cookies in a resealable container for storage.
Photography: Shel Zolkewich
White Chocolate Raspberry Thimble Cookies
Made with white chocolate cookie dough, filled with your favourite jam and topped with a chocolate drizzle, these thimble cookies are sure to be a show stopper and crowd pleaser on your next baking tray. Why not try experimenting with a dark chocolate drizzle or your favourite flavour of jam? Recipe courtesy Chef Mary Jane Feeke of Benjamin's Gourmet Foods.
- Serving Size
- 1 cookie
- Total Fat
- 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat
- 0.6 g
- 9 mg
- 36 mg
- 13.4 g
- 0.2 g
- 7.9 g
- 1.3 g
- 17 mg