Why Choose Canola Oil for Your Kitchen?
You don’t have to take it from us, watch and learn why culinary experts choose canola oil over and over again for their work and home kitchens alike.
6 Reasons Why Canola Oil is a Great Choice for Your Kitchen
1. Bake it – It is economical and budget-friendly. Canadian-grown canola oil is neutral in taste, so it is ideal for baking. Canola oil is economical fat to use when baking. Canola oil is light, neutral in flavour, and yields tender, moist, and even flaky products.
2. It’s Canadian – Grown for you by over 43,000 family farmers on the Canadian Prairies. It’s your local Canadian choice.
3. It’s Economical – because canola oil is budget-friendly, it can be used in so many ways in your kitchen. It’s a pantry favorite. Store your canola oil in a cupboard.
4. For the Heat of it – Canola oil is great to use for shallow fry in your sauté pan or in a deep fryer because it has a high heat tolerance (as high as 242 C/468 F.) Other oils break down and lose their nutritional value at high temperatures. Canola oil can take the heat! Away from heat, it does not need to be refrigerated.
5. For the Taste of it – Its neutral flavour and light taste make it great for baking and cooking. When you add herbs and spices, canola oil absorbs the flavours making it very versatile.
6. For the Health of it – Canola oil has the least saturated fat of any common culinary oil — half that of olive oil and soybean oil — and is free of trans fat. Canola oil has the most plant-based Omega-3 fat of common culinary oils. Dietary fat, in moderation, is needed to provide energy and help absorb fat-soluble vitamins.
You might not think of oil as providing vitamins, but canola oil is a good source of vitamin E, an antioxidant vitamin involved in keeping your immune system spring and healthy. Fats and oils like canola oil aid in the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K. Canola oil adds a boost of healthy fats to cooking and baking. It’s a natural plant food source of ALA and has the most planted-based Omega-3 polyunsaturated fat of common culinary oils.