Du Puy Lentils
- 2 cups Du Puy lentils (500 mL)
- 1 garlic cloves, minced (1)
- 1 shallot, minced (1)
- 5 cups no salt added vegetable stock (1.25 L)
Preserved Lemon Dressing
- 2/3 cup canola oil (150 mL)
- 1 Tbsp minced preserved lemons (15 mL) *See below for substitution
- 1 Tbsp honey (15 mL)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (15 mL)
- 2 tsp fresh chives, minced (10 mL)
- 1 /2 tsp hot chili flakes (2 mL)
*Use in place of preserved lemons: 2 Tbsp lemon zest (30 mL) and 2 Tbsp lemon juice (30 mL)
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces, toasted (125 mL)
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted (30 mL)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves (125 mL)
- 4 oz goat’s milk feta, crumbled (120 g)
Du Puy Lentils
- Rinse and drain lentils.
- In a large pot, add lentils, garlic and shallot and top with enough low-sodium vegetable stock to cover by 2-inches (5 cm). Cover pot and bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer and cook for about 25 minutes or until lentils are softened but still al dente.
- Drain any excess liquid and let lentils cool.
Preserved Lemon Vinaigrette
- Combine all ingredients in a glass jar with a resealable lid. Shake vigorously to mix and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine reserved Lentils with Salad ingredients and toss to combine. Portion onto 4 plates and drizzle with 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of Dressing before serving.
Du Puy Lentil Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
If you were not a fan of lentils before, this salad will definitely turn you into one. The bright and deep citrus flavour from the preserved lemon dressing is the perfect complement to the roasted walnuts, sesame seeds and feta cheese. If you don’t happen to have preserved lemons on hand, add lemon zest and extra lemon juice. Enjoy!
- 4 people
- Total Fat
- 41 g
- Saturated Fat
- 7 g
- 30 mg
- 509 mg
- 79 g
- 38 g
- 3 g
- 36 g
- 1277 mg