- 3 Tbsp canola oil (45 mL)
- 1 onion, very finely diced (1 )
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (2 )
- 1/3 cup crown royal (75 mL)
- 1/2 cup ketchup (125 mL)
- 3/4 cup buckwheat honey (175 mL)
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar (60 mL)
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee (125 mL)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce (5 mL)
- Heat a saucepan over medium high heat. Add canola oil.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté over low heat till onion is transparent. Add remaining ingredients and simmer over medium low heat for 15 – 20 minutes or until the mixture is thickened and reduced to about 1 cup (250 mL).
Canola Buckwheat Honey BBQ Sauce
A must this barbecue season! A delicious canola oil-based, homemade BBQ sauce made with a few secret ingredients. Brush on steak, chicken or pork for a savoury addition before grilling. Canola oil has a high heat point making it the perfect base for this BBQ sauce!
- 1 cup