- 1/2 tsp ground cumin (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander (2 mL)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp canola oil (20 mL)
- 2 Tbsp lime juice (30 mL)
- 1 tsp lime zest (5 mL)
- 1 garlic clove minced (1)
- 2 ears cob corn shucked and grilled (2)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes cut in half (500 mL)
- 1/8 red onion thinly sliced (1/8)
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives whole and pitted (75 mL)
- 1 head leaf lettuce shredded (1)
- 3 boiled eggs quartered (3)
- In a small bowl, whisk together cumin, coriander, canola oil, lime juice, zest and garlic. Set aside.
- Cut the kernels from the corn cobs. In a large bowl, gently combine corn, tomatoes, onion, olive and vinaigrette.
- Divide lettuce among four plates and top with tomato salad mixture and egg.
Tip : You can replace the fresh shucked corn with 1 cup (250 mL) frozen or canned corn.
Grilled Corn and Tomato Salad
This is a light and summery dish that shows off corn and tomatoes at their best. Canola helps keep saturated fat to a minimum. Recipe courtesy of CanolaInfo.
- 6 people
- Serving Size
- 2/3 cup (150 mL)
- Total Fat
- 7 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1 g
- 95 mg
- 95 mh
- 8 g
- 2 g
- 3 g
- 5 g
- 210 mg