- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (625 mL)
- 1 tsp baking soda (5 mL)
- 2/3 cup canola oil (150 mL)
- 1/3 cup canola margarine (75 mL)
- 1 cup brown sugar (250 mL)
- 1 cup white sugar (250 mL)
- 2 eggs (2 )
- 1 1/2 cup peanut butter (375 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 1 banana mashed (1 )
- 1 tsp vanilla (5 mL)
- 1/2 cup cream cheese (125 mL)
- 5 cups icing sugar (1.25 L)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a large bowl, mix flour and baking soda and set aside.
- In mixing bowl, cream canola oil and margarine together slowly. Added sugars and eggs. Combine well. Add peanut butter and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- Slowly add flour and baking soda mixture. Mix until smooth.
- Drop 1 Tbsp (15 mL) sized balls of cookie dough on to the parchment lined baking sheet. Gently press down on the cookie dough balls with a fork, making a crisscross pattern on top.
- Bake cookies for 12 minutes or until done. Remove to a cooling rack.
- Mash a banana with fork and place in an electric mixing bowl along with vanilla extract.
- Place ½ cup of room temperature cream cheese in the mixing bowl and blend with banana until fully combined.
- Slowly add icing sugar one cup at a time until smooth, thick texture is achieved.
- Once cookies have cooled, assemble sandwiches with a generous dollop of banana frosting in between 2 cookies.
Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich Cookies
Peanut butter and banana is the perfect combo, and so is this recipe! Make an award winning cookie by sandwiching banana frosting between two moist peanut butter cookies. Recipe courtesy of Katie Brunke.
- 20 cookie sandwiches
- Serving Size
- 1 cookie sandwich
- Total Fat
- 22 g
- Saturated Fat
- 4 g
- 25 mg
- 200 mg
- 74 g
- 1 g
- 6 g