- 1 pkg mixed salad greens (454 g)
- 1 cup quinoa cooked (250 mL)
- 1 cup sliced pears cored (250 mL)
- 1/3 cup dried cherries (75 mL)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (125 mL)
- 1 cup croutons (250 mL)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard (250 mL)
- 2 Tbsp honey (60 mL)
- 2 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar (5 mL)
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces (30 mL)
- 1/4 cup canola oil (30 mL)
- In large bowl, add salad greens, quinoa, pears, dried cherries, cheese and croutons. Toss well.
- In small bowl, mix Dijon mustard, honey and vinegar. Mix well to combine.
- In medium sauce pan over medium-low heat, add walnuts. Cook for 1-2 minutes being careful not to allow them to burn. Turn down to low heat. Add canola oil and cook for additional 4-5 minutes. Be careful not to burn the nuts. Remove from heat.
- Cool for 1 minute and slowly add to vinegar mixture. Blend well. Drizzle warm dressing over salad and serve immediately.
Pear Quinoa Salad with Warm Toasted Walnut Dressing
A superfood salad that contains a pleasing combination of mixed greens, quinoa pears, dried cherries and feta , drizzled with a warm toasted walnut dressing. Great for fall picnics or in the winter months. Gluten–free.
- 4 people