Pork and Asian Seasoning Filling
- 4 large dried flower mushrooms (4 )
- 1 - 1 lb pkg phyllo pastry (1 - 500 g pkg )
- 2 Tbsp canola oil (30 mL)
- 1 lb ground pork (500 g)
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce (15 mL)
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce (15 mL)
- 1 Tbsp hoison sauce (15 mL)
- 1 tsp sugar (5 mL)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (1)
- 2/3 cup chopped green onion (150 mL)
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated (1)
- 1/4 cup slivered water chestnuts (60 mL)
- 1/3 cup fresh bean sprouts (75 mL)
Pork and Asian-Style Seasoning Filling
- Soak mushrooms in boiling water about 30 minutes. Chop finely. Place phyllo pastry on counter to defrost.
- Heat canola oil in a large frying pan. Saute ground pork in pan until lightly browned and juices run clear. Stir in soy sauce, oyster sauce, hoison sauce, sugar and garlic. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl. Add green onion, grated carrot, water chestnuts, bean sprouts and chopped mushrooms. Season mixture with salt and pepper.
- Remove phyllo pastry from package, being careful to keep it covered while preparing the spring rolls. Lay each phyllo sheet on counter (longest side parallel to counter edge) and cut in half, perpendicular to counter edge. Brush each piece with canola oil. Place about 3 Tbsp (45 mL) filling along edges closest to counter edge and roll up pastry, folding in the outer edges. Brush remaining edge with canola oil to secure seam.
- Place seam side down on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining spring rolls. Brush each finished egg roll with a bit of canola oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 15 – 20 minutes, or until nicely browned.
Phyllo Pastry Spring Rolls with Pork and Asian-Style Seasoning
These light and crispy rolls are surprisingly simple to make great for dinner parties, holiday parties and potlucks alike. Try out this recipe for your next dinner with your family. As the filling is cooked prior to rolling, double the batch and freeze half. Cook from frozen until filling is warmed throughout and pastry is golden brown.
- 12 spring rolls
- Serving Size
- 1 roll
- Total Fat
- 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2.6 g
- 27 mg
- 382 mg
- 25.3 g
- 1.4 g
- 1.6 g
- 12.2 g
- 217 mg