- 3 Tbsp cold pressed canola oil (45 mL)
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar (15 mL)
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme (5 mL)
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard (2 mL)
- 1 red pepper, roasted and sliced into 1/4 inch slices (1 )
- 1 Tbsp canola oil (15 mL)
- 1 cup thinly sliced chorizo sausage (250 mL)
- 10 oz mixed salad greens (283 g)
- 1 cup croutons (250 mL)
- In a jar, combine ingredients for the vinaigrette and mix well. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, roast red pepper at 400ºF (200ºC), on a baking sheet, for 20-25 minutes or until blackened. Immediately wrap in foil and let sit for 10 minutes. Slice into strips.
- Heat canola oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add sausage and cook for 3 – 5 minutes, until just lightly browned but not crispy.
- Place mixed salad greens in salad bowl. Add red pepper strips, sausage and croutons. Pour vinaigrette over top and toss lightly.
- Serve immediately.
Warm Chorizo Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette
Warm chorizo sausage, roasted red peppers, fresh mixed greens and topped with a red wine vinaigrette- delicious!
- 4 people