- canola oil for frying
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 large ripe banana
- 4 oz (112 g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 oz (120 g) semi-sweet chocolate, chopped (about 3/4 cup/175 mL)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (2 mL)
- In a mixing bowl, mash banana with cream cheese to evenly combine.
- Place a heaping 1 tsp (5 mL) of filling into the centre of each wonton wrapper.
- Brush wonton edges lightly with water and fold wonton wrapper into a triangle, pressing edges together to seal; repeat with remaining wontons.
Deep Fried Wonton
- Heat canola oil to 375 °F (190 °C). Fry 2 or 3 wontons at a time for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until each side puffs out and is golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm.
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- Brush a large nonstick baking sheet with canola oil. Place wontons on a baking sheet and brush tops of wontons with canola oil. Place in oven and bake for about 10 minutes, or until browned and crispy.
- Place chopped chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high 1 minute.
- Stir chocolate and microwave for another minute or until chocolate is almost melted.
- Add cinnamon to chocolate and stir until mixture is smooth.
- Drizzle immediately over warm wontons.
Note: Nutritional analysis is based off the baked version of this recipe.
Banana and Cream Cheese Dessert Wontons with Chocolate Drizzle
You can bake them or fry them. It’s your choice. We have given you the how to for both techniques.
- 24 people
- Serving Size
- 3 wontons
- Total Fat
- 14 g
- Saturated Fat
- 5 g
- 15 mg
- 170 mg
- 28 g
- 2 g
- 11 g
- 4 g
- 144 mg