Thai Peanut Chicken
1 Tbsp canola oil (15 mL)
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1” (2.5 cm) chunks (6)
1 cup red split lentils (250 mL)
1 medium/large onion, diced (1)
2 Tbsp minced garlic (30 mL)
2 sweet peppers, sliced (6)
1 - 227 g package of mushrooms, sliced (1)
1 cup chicken broth (250 mL)
½ cup all-natural peanut butter (125 mL)
¼ cup soy sauce (60 mL)
2 Tbsp honey (30 mL)
2 Tbsp lime juice (30 mL)
8-10 washed Romaine lettuce leaves or collard greens (8-10)
1 red pepper, sliced (1)
1 mango, diced (1)
1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (250 mL)
1 bunch green onions, sliced (1)
2 Tbsp crushed peanuts (30 mL)
1 tsp sesame seeds (5 mL)
- In a non-stick skillet, heat canola oil.
- Brown chicken pieces about 5 minutes. Transfer to slow cooker and add lentils.
- Add onion, garlic, sweet peppers and mushrooms into skillet. Cook for 5 minutes. Add to slow cooker.
- Whisk together broth, peanut butter, soy sauce and honey. Pour over slow cooker mixture.
- Cook on low for six hours (or 3-4 hours on high).
- Add lime juice and mix thoroughly.
- Wrap chicken mixture in lettuce or collard green leaves. Add toppings and serve with lime wedges.
Thai Peanut Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Lettuce wraps signal the arrival of warm weather. What better way to enjoy summer flavours without the fuss than using a slow cooker. The benefit? It doesn’t heat up your kitchen. Browning the chicken seals in flavour, and combined with lentils packs a hefty punch of protein. This easy peasy recipe is perfect for a family or entertaining a crowd. Set up a topping bar, and off you go.
- Serving Size
- 1 lettuce wrap (with toppings)
- Total Fat
- 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat
- 3.4 g
- 118 mg
- 476 mg
- 27.2 g
- 5 g
- 12.2 g
- 31.3 g
- 841 mg