2 cups baby arugula (500 mL)
15 spears asparagus, trimmed and outer layer of stalk peeled (15)
½ cup pea shoots (125 mL)
1 pink grapefruit, segmented and cut into thirds (1)
1 avocado, diced (1)
2 radishes, thinly sliced on mandolin (2)
2 Tbsp pine nuts, toasted (30 mL)
¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled (60 mL)
2 Tbsp dill, chopped
1 Tbsp mint (15 mL)
1 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar (15 mL)
3 Tbsp canola oil (45 mL)
½ Tbsp Dijon mustard (7 mL)
½ Tbsp shallots, minced (7 mL)
1 tsp honey (5 mL)
- Place asparagus in a steamer basket set over boiling water. Steam covered, until easily pierced with a sharp knife, 2-6 minutes depending on size of the stalks.
- Remove from steamer basket and rinse asparagus under cold water to stop the cooking process. Shake to remove excess water and set aside.
Toast Pine Nuts
- In a small fry pan over med-high heat, toast pine nuts until lightly browned and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small glass jar with lid, combine vinaigrette ingredients and shake well.
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients. Toss well.
- Divide salad among 4 plates and drizzle with salad dressing.
Asparagus, Radish & Grapefruit Salad with White Balsamic & Shallot Vinaigrette
This lovely salad is a wonderful addition to your summer backyard barbecues. Flavourful seasonal asparagus and tangy grapefruit complement the radish bite while feta, mint, dill and pine nuts round out this delicious must-have. Enjoy!
- Total Fat
- 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat
- 3.5 g
- 9 mg
- 132 mg
- 18 g
- 8 g
- 7.2 g
- 5.7 g
- 557 mg