- 1 Tbsp canola oil (15 mL)
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley leaves (15 mL)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp dried basil (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp paprika (2 mL)
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes (0.5 mL)
- 16 oz pork tenderloin (500 g)
- 2 cups fresh parsley (500 mL)
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano (60 mL)
- 2 garlic cloves cut into 3 pieces (2)
- 1/4 small red onion cut into 4 pieces (1/4)
- 3 Tbsp canola oil (45 mL)
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar (30 mL)
- 1 tsp lemon juice (5 mL)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (1 mL)
- In a medium bowl, combine canola oil, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, basil, oregano, paprika and pepper flakes to form a paste.
- Rub all over pork tenderloin. Cover pork and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Line shallow roasting pan with foil wrap. Place pork on foil. Roast pork for 20 -25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 155°F (68°C).
- Let pork rest 5 minutes before slicing. Serve pork, garnished with 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Chimi Sauce per serving.
- In a food processor, combine parsley, oregano, garlic, onion, canola oil, vinegar, lemon juice and pepper flakes.
- Pulse ingredients to texture desired. Serve as a sauce on grilled meat.
- Store in the refrigerator until serving. Use within 3 days.
Chimichurri Pork Tenderloin
Don’t let your garden herbs will go to waste! Chimichurri is an Argentinean sauce made with fresh parsley, basil, oregano, a little garlic and canola oil. It adds a flavourful punch to grilled pork, fish and meat. This recipe is extra robust; start with a chimichurri rub for your pork tenderloin, roast as directed and top with a homemade chimichurri sauce. A must have at your next backyard BBQ.
- Serving Size
- 4 oz (125 g) pork tenderloin
- Total Fat
- 6 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1 g
- 75 mg
- 60 mg
- 1 g
- 0 g
- 0 g
- 24 g
- 474 mg