- 1 lb Brussels sprouts trimmed (500 g)
- 1/4 cup canola oil (60 mL)
- 1 tsp coarse mustard (5 mL)
- 2 tsp honey (10 mL)
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (60 mL)
- 1/2 cup glazed pecans (recipe follows) (125 mL)
- 1 cup pecan halves (250 mL)
- 1 Tbsp canola oil (15 mL)
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar (15 mL)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (0.5 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- Cook Brussels sprouts in a large pot in boiling water, until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain well. Cut large sprouts in half if necessary.
- Meanwhile, combine canola oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard and honey in a small jar and shake vigorously.
- Transfer Brussels sprouts to a salad dish. Drizzle with dressing.
- Top salad with crumbled blue cheese and glazed pecans.
- Preheat oven 325°F (160°C)
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Spread nuts on a small greased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. Cool.
Cold Brussels Sprouts Salad with Glazed Pecans
Rich, delicious, earthy flavours, it’s unami in one recipe. Unami is the fitth taste after salt, sweet, sour and bitter. It’s paired with the richness of the blue cheese, the sweetness and crunch of the pecans and the earthy flavours of the Brussels sprouts. A great side dish to go with any meal.
- 6 people
- Serving Size
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- Total Fat
- 25 g
- Saturated Fat
- 3 g
- 3 mg
- 210 mg
- 13 g
- 4 g
- 5 g