2 cups all-purpose flour (500 mL)
4 tsp baking powder (20 mL)
1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
1/2 cup milk, cold (125 mL)
1/3 cup canola oil, cold (75 mL)
1/2 cup soft cream cheese (125 mL)
3/4 cup salsa (175 mL)
1/2 cup crushed nacho chips (125 mL)
1 cup shredded old cheddar or tex mex cheese (250 mL)
To make the dough:
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Line an 8 inch (2 L) square baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a liquid measuring cup, whisk together milk and oil. Drizzle into flour and using a fork, mix together until mixture is crumbly and starting to clump together.
- Bring dough together with your hands and knead gently on lightly floured surface to make smooth dough.
- Roll out dough on floured surface to make a 12 inch (30 cm) square.
To make filling and assemble:
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese and salsa to form a smooth spread. Spread evenly all over dough, right to the edges.
- Sprinkle with crushed nacho chips and cheese.
- Roll up dough along the long edge and pinch seam along edge to hold the roll closed. Cut roll into 9 equal pieces and place into prepared pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool slightly.
Nacho Cheese Biscuit Rolls
These biscuit style buns are perfect to enjoy for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or snack on the go. They are best served warmed out of the oven, or pop them in the microwave to reheat before serving. The filling options are endless!
- Serving Size
- 1 roll
- Total Fat
- 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat
- 6.1 g
- 29 mg
- 583 mg
- 29 g
- 0.8 g
- 2.6 g
- 8.2 g
- 88 mg