- 1 lb lean sirloin steak, trimmed of fat, about 3/4 inch thick (500 g)
- 4 Tbsp light soy sauce (30 mL)
- 2Tbsp canola oil (30 mL)
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar (30 mL)
- 4 Tbsp balsamic vinegar (30 mL)
- 1/2 tsp dried pepper flakes (2 mL)
- Place steak, soy sauce, canola oil, granulated sugar, vinegar, pepper flakes and salt in a quart-size resealable plastic bag. Seal tightly and shake back and forth to allow ingredients to blend evenly. Refrigerate 24 to 48 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill or broiler. Coat a cold grill rack or broiler rack with canola oil cooking spray, place over grill or broiler pan. Remove beef from marinade, reserving marinade. Place beef on top of rack and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from rack and place on cutting board 5 minutes before thinly slicing diagonally against the grain.
- Meanwhile, place the reserved marinade in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes. Watch carefully not to reduce more than 1/4 cup. Remove from heat. Place sliced beef on serving platter and pour sauce evenly over all.
Tangy-Sweet Balsamic Sirloin Steak
Serve tender thin slices of steak on Baked French Fries with micro greens and a dot of Dijon mustard for a show stopping appetizer. Layer onto your favourite salad mixture or a bowl of rice with stir-fried veggies. Sweet and tangy, just like the ones you love!